Welcome to our page!

This blog will share the thoughts and experiences of the current and past Colorado Teachers of the Year. While these teachers work to represent their noble profession, they are just a few of thousands of incredible teachers statewide. We welcome and encourage these great teachers to share their experiences and join these discussions. In addition to teachers we hope that students, parents, administrators, community members, policy makers, and/or anyone else interested in education feels welcome to get involved.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Wonderful Students

I was back in class today for the first time since last Tuesday. It was great! Throughout the day student after student asked me about my trip, gave me a high five with a big smile on their face, and/or said how much they missed me. I had at least 75 reminders today of why my students are so wonderful and why I enjoy being around them in school. They were each vibrant and joyful and filled with genuine love and respect. You can't buy these kinds of relationships, you have to work at them. I am like most teachers in that I work very hard to support and strengthen students all while building incredible positive relationships. This work was reflected throughout the day with every smile, hug, and inquisitive question. I care about my students and they in turn care about me. This is what being a teacher is all about.

1 comment:

  1. You and your students are so fortunate! Bryant Webster staff is doing such a good job of changing lives - and 7th & 8th grade are so very critical in students' lives!

    ReplyDelete